Yesterday Michelle's friend from university came up to visit yesterday, she's an assistant as well but is in a teeny tiny mountain town over an hour from Nancy, and since it's so isolated she had to take various buses and trains to get here. Another one of their friends came down from Metz to meet up as well, so the 4 of us wandered around the city for the day (unfortunately the weather wasn't quite as agreable, cold and rainy :( ) before sitting down in a very cozy cafe, Les Artistes, near Place Stan, for a coffee. After checking out the main cathedral in Nancy and grabbing a bottle of wine, we had a pre-dinner aperatif at my apartment before heading back to the rue des gourmands to find a nice French restaurant. We chose a very cosy and kitch-ily decorated spot and had a lovely dinner over the course of 3+ hours. It was definitely nice to meet new people and have some extra company for a day!
Today my German roommate arrived...and I've already forgotten her name...Kristine or something, I know, I'm bad with names. She seems very nice though, I haven't talked to her much yet since her parents took her grocery shopping, but hopefully we'll get along just fine!
I gave up spending all my money at the internet cafe (it's closed today anyways) so I'm currently sitting in Les Artistes, which just so happens to have free WiFi. I'm pretty sure they want to you purchase something, so here I sit with my 2,90 euro cafe au lait, which is way better than the 5 euros an hour at the net cafe...no coffee included.
P.S. I've succeeded in signing up for a Flickr account, but have not succeeded in posting any pictures. I'm working on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment